They Came from Beneath the Sea!
They Came from Beneath the Sea! is a dramatic and farcical tabletop roleplaying game encompassing the wonder, horror, thrills, and humor of 1950s and 1960s science fiction. This game allows you to play with all the great content from the B-movies of decades ago, and promises a dynamic, fun time for all involved!
In They Came from Beneath the Sea! you play humans in a world under attack. The attackers? Aliens from beneath the sea (obviously). Adventures range from the one-shot defense of a small coastal town, to the lengthier liberation of a cruise ship infested with gill-folk, all the way to the story in which characters seize an alien submarine and ride it all the way down to the sea bed to take the fight to the invaders. In this game, your protagonists are strong-jawed war veterans, cunning and resourceful explorers, utterly insane scientists, and blue-collar heroes, just looking to defend their patches of land.
They Came from Beneath the Sea! contains a mix of serious threat and unbridled farce. While the book plays it straight with no winking at the camera, your game will include ludicrous statements and events taken with all the gravitas of your boat being set on fire. While this game provides rules for funny quips and amusing cinematics for incorporation in a scenario, we leave it to the players and Director to discover the correct level of humor for your game.
They Came from Beneath the Sea! uses the Storypath System, provided in full in the pages of this book!
They Came from Beneath the Sea! includes:
- Five playable Archetypes — the Everyman, the G-Man, the Mouth, the Scientist, and the Survivor!
- Rules for character creation and play, using the Storypath System fully detailed in this book!
- Cinematic powers such as the ability to insert deleted scenes in your game, cut to black when everything is looking a bit too grim, and redirect shots to kill the extras!
- Quips to throw in at appropriate (and sometimes inappropriate) moments, giving your characters the chance at an award-winning scene!
- The history and setting of the 1950s world presented in this book!
- Scores of aliens promising the fall of the human race, presenting a broad array of dangers and objectives for repeat play!
- Two ready-to-play scenarios, straight out of the book!
We Also Recommend
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Roleplay (Standard Edition) + complimentary PDF