Forbidden Lands Core Boxed Set (2nd Edition) + complimentary PDF
Round the beggar from Varassa all sat in a ring,
and by the campfire they sat and heard his song.
About walkers and wolfkin and every terrible thing,
and of his fear he sang to them all night long:
“There is something beyond the mountains, beyond the howls beyond the mist,
there is something behind the veils, behind hearts cold as stone.
Hearken, something walks and whispers, walks and lures you in and whimpers:
Come to us, for this earth shall ever be ours and ours alone!”
Forbidden Lands is a new take on classic fantasy roleplaying. In this sandbox survival roleplaying game, you’re not heroes sent on missions dictated by others – instead, you are raiders and rogues bent on making your own mark on a cursed world. You will discover lost tombs, fight terrible monsters, wander the wild lands, and if you live long enough, build your own stronghold to defend.
Contents of the boxed set:
- Hardcover Player’s Manual with faux leather covers, including rules for fast character
generation, visceral combat, lethal magic, dangerous journeys and for building your own stronghold – easily be ported to other game worlds.
- Hardcover Gamemaster’s Guide with faux leather covers, including a rich and detailed
description of the Forbidden Lands setting, a large illustrated Bestiary, extensive random encounters, and three complete adventure sites.
- The Legends & Adventurers booklet, that lets you flesh out your characters and give them unique backgrounds.
- A large full-color map, that gives you the freedom to explore the Forbidden Lands any way you want, hex by hex.
- A sheet with stickers for adventure sites and gravestones, transforming the game map to a living, permanent record of your adventures.
“It’s like somone took hazy childhood memories of a classic D&D game and mixed them with a dash of bleak Scandinavian darkness.”
“Superbly packaged, Forbidden Lands is a pleasing combination of ‘Old School’ nostalgia and fast, simple mechanics with unobtrusive narrative elements designed to bring aspects of the character into play. Its setting offers scope for the player characters to develop not just personally, but also in terms of their place in the world.”
–Reviews from R’lyeh
“This may be the most perfect role-playing game product I’ve ever seen.”
–Plot Points RPG Podcast
We Also Recommend
Thousand Year Old Vampire 2nd Printing (pre-order - now expected late December 2020)