Dreamchaser: A Game of Destiny + complimentary PDF
This book comes with a free PDF version courtesy of the publisher in conjunction with the “Bits & Mortar“ scheme. A link from which the PDF can be downloaded will be emailed to the address you enter at the checkout once we have confirmed payment, which will normally be within 2 working days* of receipt of orders for products that are currently in stock. (*not including Sundays or UK national holidays). PLEASE NOTE - you will need to enter a valid email address at checkout in order to receive the PDF.Dreamchaser: A Game of Destiny is an immersive story building game where a game master guides players on a journey to achieve their dream. The players imagine a goal for their game—their story. They let that goal inspire them, imagining characters to play and experiences to have. Experiences they want to share. They live out that story wherever it takes them— a story of pursuing their dreams.
What are people saying about Dreamchaser?
“Dreamchaser is a roleplaying game done right. The system frees the game master to be a champion and fan of the characters and their stories.”
–Cris Frank, Director of Human Resources, We Hate Bards
“Dreamchaser undersells itself: the fine line it treads between letting the players write the story (not just parts, the story itself) while still being able to experience it authentically is something I haven’t seen before.”
–Jim Dagg, Game Designer
“I love the ease of learning the game, and how simple it is to set up! The game design assists your imagination, but never hinders it in any way. Pete has created my new go-to game!”
–Lindsey McCullough, Playtester
“Given my line of work, a game that promotes dreams, goals, and miracles is a must have in my collection.”
–Dr. Brian Quinones, LPC Child and Adolescent In-Home Mental Health Therapist
- A Dream Mapping process that creates a goal oriented game of the players’ design in minutes and gives players a say in the story they want to experience.
- A Vision Roll technique that helps players influence the Game Master’s plans for every game session while helping the Game Master prepare for immediate or future play.
- Collaborative and interactive Character Creation that rewards creativity, spawns immersive characters, and sets them on a mutual goal.
- Character Milestones break stories (campaigns) into short sessions like chapters in a book. Play them consecutively or fit them into busy adult lives.
- Game Masters create any story characters or challenges they need in seconds so they can focus on engaging player characters and driving the story forward.
- Flexible rules that empower players to create their own strategies for success and allow them to defeat challenges in any manner that fits the story they want to tell.
- Dreamchaser is easy to relate to with a 1-10 scale. Every target number is on the character sheet. There are no modifiers, only rerolls. Each roll is designed to get the player into the character’s headspace and drive the story forward with an outcome that dictates meaningful success or failure.