Code of Conduct
LEISURE GAMES OFFERS YOU
- Free use of our gaming tables (at the discretion of staff and subject to availability)
- Free WiFi (Leisure Games Guest, password WelcomeGamers)
- A selection of demonstration games for you to lay in store, free of charge
- Complimentary deodorant provided in the washroom, free for everybody to use
- Certain accessories (eg playmats) available to borrow (subject to availability)
LEISURE GAMES ASKS OF YOU
- Keep it FUN. It’s only a game.
- Respect other players.
- No private wagers.
- No private sales (swaps are fine).
- Keep it FAMILY FRIENDLY - remember that during shop opening hours we have customers of all ages. Bad language and unruly behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Be considerate of shop customers, make space for people to browse shelves.
- No food in the front part of the shop during opening hours; no cooked/hot or otherwise smelly food in any part of the shop during opening hours.
- Use the rubbish bins - please keep our shop clean and tidy both during play and when you leave.
- Maintain a generally pleasant environment.
- Leisure Games has an anti-harassment policy. See below.
- Look after your belongings! Leisure Games is not responsible for any loss or theft of your personal belongings on our premises.
- Support your store! We off these services to you for free, and we cover the cost from sales. Please consider this when shopping.
Why does Leisure Games need an anti-harassment policy?
We’ve implemented an anti-harassment policy (an official rule stating that personal harassment will not be tolerated in the shop and at Leisure Games events) in response to reports of harassment in geek communities and at conventions. We have a reputation as a friendly shop with approachable staff, and are keen to maintain this.
Leisure Games is dedicated to providing a safe, fun gaming experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. All customers, staff and participants at events are expected to treat others with respect. Physical and verbal harassment and sexual assault will not be tolerated. If someone engages in harassing behaviour in the shop or at other Leisure Games-run events, the organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from a paid event with no refund, and in some cases, involving the police.
What is harassment? / What would we like to prevent and control at Leisure Games?
Some examples of harassment include:
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion
- explicit or illegal sexual images in public spaces
- deliberate intimidation
- harassing photography or unwanted recording of persons on devices
- sustained disruption of games or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome attention, including sexual remarks, jokes, or taunting, leering, prolonged intimidating staring or suggestive gestures
Please note this list is not exhaustive. Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
What should I do if I am being harassed/witness someone else being harassed?
In some cases you may find the harassment stops if you clearly say ‘no’ or ‘leave me alone’, or simply walk away. We would appreciate it if a member of staff is informed however, to help us identify any repeat offenders.
If you continue to be harassed or notice someone else being harassed, please notify a member of staff.
Thank you for helping us to make Leisure Games a safe and inclusive event that shop can enjoy. Contact us for further information.