Advanced Squad Leader: Forgotten War Korea 1950-1953
For the first time, an Advanced Squad Leader module steps outside of the traditional World War II era to bring you FORGOTTEN WAR, covering the Korean War of 1950-1953.
New rules in FORGOTTEN WAR cover Steep Hills (reflecting the difficulties of movement and combat in the rugged Korean terrain); Bayonet Charges; Proximity Fuses; and enhanced Air Support featuring Tactical Air Control Parties, airborne Forward Air Controllers, and the jet-propelled aircraft of the era such as the F-80C Shooting Star and the F9F-2 Panther.
FORGOTTEN WAR includes several new nationalities, each with its own distinct characteristics, and expands some existing nationalities. FORGOTTEN WAR nationalities include the following:
United Nations (U.N.) Forces:
- R.O.K. (Republic of Korea);
- O.U.N.C. (Other United Nations Commands), representing forces from such countries as Colombia, Ethiopia, France, Thailand, and Turkey, all of whom contributed to the U.N. effort;
- U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps;
- British and Commonwealth (Australian, Canadian, and New Zealand) forces
- K.P.A. (Korean People's Army)
- C.P.V.A. (Chinese People's Volunteer Army)
- FORGOTTEN WAR components include:
- seven countersheets
- four 8" x 22" maps (See a sneak peek of all four maps combined!)
- sixteen ASL scenarios
- Chapter W rules for the Korean War
- Chapter H rules for American, Commonwealth, O.U.N.C., R.O.K., K.P.A., and C.P.V.A.
- two chapter dividers
- one box and lid
FORGOTTEN WAR is not a complete game. Ownership of the Advanced Squad Leader Game System is required for play.