Call of Cthulhu Compatible: Aspirations
Customers are advised that one scenario in this book has scenes in which high-school students are peacefully protesting police brutality and murder, and that this may upset the reader (and players).
Aspirations is an anthology of articles and scenarios for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game published by Chaosium, Inc, and is a companion book to the horror RPG anthology Fear's Sharp Little Needles. Edited by Jeff Moeller and written by Glynn Owen Barrass, Adam Gauntlett, Jo Kreil, Jeff Moeller, Chitin Proctor and John Shimmin, with art by Dean Engelhardt, Earl Geier, Lisanne Lake, Badger McInnes, and Stephanie McAlea, it is an exploration into extra cases and background supporting your modern horror gaming.
Taking its inspirational cues from Delta Green, X-Files, The Ritual, Mandy, and True Detective, the book takes a mature look at the horror of human nature and its ability to be just as disturbing as anything from the Mythos with blood and its inhuman uses as its theme.
- All for a Good Cause, by Jeffrey Moeller.
- The Blackthorns, by Jeffrey Moeller.
- Dead Mall, by Adam Gauntlett.
- Bring Me Your Sick, by Jo Kreil.
- Granny's Tales, by Adam Gauntlett.
- The Treader of the Stars, by Brian M. Sammons and Glynn Owen Barrass.
- Urban Pentimento, by Simon Yee.
- The Bay of Nouadhibou, by Adam Gauntlett.
- The Lumber Barons' Ball, by Chitin Proctor with John Shimmin.