Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay: The Horned Rat - Enemy Within Campaign Director's Cut Volume 4 Collector's Edition - pre-order (physical book expected Q4 2021; PDF available now)
PDF available now - physical book expected Q4 2021.
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay – The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition
‘My Friends in Change, we have sown glorious chaos but to bring the Time of Changes we must act as one under a Champion In Shadows.’
The Enemy Within Collector’s Edition contains the revised and updated Director’s Cut of one of the most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. This beautifully finished, exclusive Collector’s Edition set includes The Horned Rat and the Companion presented in a slipcase featuring the artwork from the standard editions.
Beautifully finished in Silver foil and a lustrous Spot UV finish, the Collector’s Editions covers depict a great Tower central to many myths of the Skaven, and the looming presence of The Keep, a corrupt fastness at the heart of the Empire.
As with previous volumes in this series, the books are case bound, and come with an exclusive envelope of player handouts and maps. We love creating these Collector’s Editions, and know that they’ll take pride of place on bookshelves for years to come.
The Horned Rat is the fourth volume of the revised and updated Director’s Cut of the Enemy Within, one of most highly regarded roleplaying campaigns ever written. Building on the dramatic events at the end of Power Behind the Throne, recruiting your brave heroes into the service of the city of Middenheim for more drama and intrigue.
In the penultimate volume of the five-part series of grim and perilous Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay adventures, the tables are turned as enemies that have pursued the Characters since the beginning of the epic campaign are forced to defend themselves. The time is right to uncover their schemes and break apart their organisation. The Characters cannot afford to relax their guard and celebrate their victories, as a new threat emerges from beneath their feet.
The Horned Rat Includes:
- The fourth part of the Enemy Within campaign, conceived by legendary WFRP writer Graeme Davis with contributions by a team of talented WFRP writers.
- A toolkit to exploring Middenheim’s complex undercity, a vast environment filled with hazards and intrigues.
- A series of investigations dealing with the implications of the action in Power Behind the Throne and leading to the realisation of a new threat, far greater than anything the Characters have faced in their previous adventures.
- Descriptions of an ongoing and deepening crisis in the Empire, to be resolved in the final instalment of the Enemy Within campaign.
The Enemy Within is the campaign all roleplayers should play at least once in their lives, making The Horned Rat an essential purchase for gamers.
The Horned Rat Companion is the fourth of our five-part series of companion volumes to the Enemy Within campaign. It is packed with supplementary material to not only expand The Horned Rat but also support any WFRP games which feature the skulking Skaven as a foe.
Power Behind the Throne Companion Includes:
- More lore and information on the Skaven, their history and society, and the terrible God to which they give praise.
- A huge selection of new equipment, spells, weapons, and contraptions to outfit your Skaven NPCs with.
- New encounters in the city of Middenheim and the Middle Mountains, perfect to drop into The Horned Rat, or any Skaven focused campaign.
- A GM’s guide to The Yellow Fang, an insidious cult that both worships the Skaven and seeks to outdo them.
- A new career, the Dwarf Ironbreak, perfect for a stout dwarf seeking to face down the loathsome ratmen in the tunnels beneath the Old World.
- Two classic adventures, revised and updated for WFRP 4th Edition — Horror in the Dark, featuring a terrible encounter in a twisting mine, and A Little Help From My Friends, a kidnapping case beyond any but the greatest, shortest detective in all of Middenheim.
- The Return of the Gravelord: Everyone’s favourite self-obsessed Necromancer returns to harry the Characters throughout the events of The Horned Rat. Is it paranoia if everyone really is out to get you?