Leisure Games is the UK’s leading retailer supporting small press and independent roleplaying and story games. On Saturday 24 February we will be hosting an evening to play and explore some of these exciting, innovative and fun games.
We’ll arrange the games on the evening. There’ll be no need to pre-book; just turn up and join in (or offer to run a game and look for players). We aim to start playing promptly at 6.30pm, so you should have plenty of time to play a full game.
The sort of games we’ll be encouraging people to play in this evening include:
- Fiasco: a GM-less game for 3-5 players in which you play desperate people trying to make a quick buck and coming unstuck. Think of neo-noir films like Fargo or Free Fire.
- Microscope: turn-based game where 3-5 people work together to create an epic history for a fantasy world, from its earliest beginnings to its inevitable end.
- Dungeon World: old school dungeon crawling with a modern twist, in a low-prep, rules-light game.
- Lovecraftesque: work together to tell a story of creeping horror, inspired by the works of H. P. Lovecraft. Take turns playing the protagonist, while the other players develop the mounting horror and dread.
- … and much, much more. Check out our Indie games section for more details (https://leisuregames.com/collections/indie), although you are not limited to running and playing games that we actually sell!
Directions: Leisure Games can be found at 100 Ballards Lane, Finchley N3 2DN. We are ten minutes walk from Finchley Central Station, which is on the High Barnet Branch of the Northern Line. We have a bus stop directly outside the shop, and most local buses stop there (you can get a 13 bus from Victoria).
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: dungeon world, fiasco, indie games, lovecraftesque, microscope, roleplaying games, story games